Thread: 8th night
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mikie9

8th night

I made it a week. I won't lie and say it has been easy. The first few days were pretty bad. I was dehydrated and haven't eaten well in years. Sad, lonely, not sure what to do with myself and my time. The people who just knew me in my hung over state, not knowing I drank... now they don't know me. Some think I have lost my mind, or hate them. The people who I did drink with have lost me. In both cases I am having to learn how to relate to them again, and meet new people <-- this will take a while.

I have a long road to go. But I am on the road and not laying in the ditch thinking and wishing I was on the road. It may be a bumpy road, it may sometimes not even look like a road, but I am here.

I am where my drunk self wanted to be, and that is all I can ask for at this stage. It is a fight, mainly on my way home from work. if nothing else I have hope. I have a chance. The only thing that can take this away is if I have one single beer no matter what I may think otherwise.

The times I tried to stop before I didn't have this site, or even think I needed it. Thank you all for sharing and the support. I know I will need it for years to come, and I will do my best to carry you when I can.

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you.