View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
melody196365

Talking setting an example

One of the many tests that I face as a 4 year dry alcoholic that was a drinker for 35 years and I would call me a binge drinker...is keeping my children from going down the path they lived with me as a drinking alcoholic...it rips my undies to see my 20 year old daughter drink and my 14 year old boy has been caught drinking too...in order to moderate my daughter I have to continually mentor her with memoirs of my drinking and remind her it is a disease...lectures never get adhered to so I just point out the damage it did me and she has my genes so think about how much of a hold it can have on your state of mind always remember daughter, I would say, I too thought I was superior to the alcohol, when in actual fact being from alcoholic genes myself hun I was powerless to it...my son has said he isn't going down that path but its hard to say no to his friends who all seem to be from dysfunctional families, and I say to him don't allow it to rule son remember moderation the drinks with friends can be all good so long as you are drinking to moderation and not TO GET DRUNK...that actually is a bad sign...how can you have a good time being paraletic and incoherent...and girls don't want to get with drunks ,girls that are worthwhile are not into constant and continually drunk boyfriends. I do not mean to put down any drinkers as I know there are reasons and issues behind every drinkers reasons for drinking...facing the real issues is what your triggers are and what makes you drink in the first instance...my kids mean the world to me I would feel so bad to find alcohol takes hold of their lives like it did mine...I can but hope that my strength is able to be seen as a way for them too.I worry and it is because I know just when you thought you had a handle on it it kicks you in the face and say's sucker don't you know you are powerless to me...I will not be disempowered ever again in my life especially by Alcohol...my old friends would stare at me with confused angry faces when attending their birthdays,engagements,weddings...why wont you have a drink just one wont hurt come on WTF have a drink with us to celebrate....my NO you don't understand I am allergic to alcohol...I cannot have just one I will start and I will not stop till all your alcohol is finished and then I will search for more...I cannot drink with you I am sorry I am happy to have a fizzy drink or a coffee but don't keep asking me as I will not have that one drink because it will be my death to do so and I want to live I want to see my grandchildren grow up I want to hear their voices when they ask nanny a question I do not want to be DRUNK ever again...I am sorry if I offend you in not drinking but I care and love the person I am today so please enjoy your night and I will enjoy watching you do so.