View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Kissimee54 View Post
I seem to be so in tuned to my significant other's behavior. It affects my moods and changes how my day is going. I'm trying to separate myself from those mood changes but it is so difficult. Does anyone have any methods they use to do this? I need help.
IDK how to "officially" detach, but I found it helpful to pay attention to me. By that I mean: when I started to notice that my mood had changed I thought back over what had happened between then & earlier, looking for the triggers that affected my change. Then I examined those triggers - some of them really surprised me because they were so obviously wrong when I examined them in black & white.

Once I identified my triggers I was far better as seeing them coming my way & deflecting them before I was affected. Every baby step took me closer to detachment. Every time I detached I put loving myself first which helped me rebuild my trust in myself & my instincts. Over time every little step added to my health & happiness.

And read, read, read everything.... here in the flood of daily posts, the stickey threads, other forums, books, blogs, spiritual guides - if it resonates for you in any small way read it!