Thread: Thursday quit
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Vanilla28

Thursday quit

Hi,
Every week I tell myself I will taper down then use the weekend to detox, but when the weekend comes it seems even harder. I really would prefer not to be withdrawing at work, but it seems that when I have all that free time at the start it doesn't happen.

Not only that I have an anxiety disorder that gets me all hypo about withdrawl because of everything I read. But at this point, I don't have a choice. After quitting smoking 8 months ago my drinking became a big problem again. I'm back to about a bottle of wine a night, more on weekends.

I have gained about 30 pounds in the last 8 months that tends to keep me in my anxiety and depression and the cycle going. I drink a depressant, get depressed, do it all again.

Anyways I'm back. I always swore I wouldn't be at this point again but here I am. Tomorrow will be my first night alcohol free and I will just have to take it from there if I have any withdrawals. As much as I hope I don't, I know I will have mild to moderate from past experience.

Thanks for listening,
Vanilla28