View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

Originally Posted by Boiledrootbeer View Post
Why do you try to make this person believe that since he is are not operating the same way you would that he is delusional? I see this sort of thing constantly on this site, and it's one of my big problems with groups like AA. People some how allow themselves to be convinced that they have no control over themselves, that their decisions are some how made by an unforeseen force and that the only way to gain the upper hand on this force to sit in meetings surrounded by like minded people. They don't defeat addiction, they just trade the old one (alcohol) for the new one (AA). And then you form into groups the same way you did while alcoholics and you shun those who are not a part of your group.
I am done with this page. I have been coming here for years and I am tired of people trying to tell others what they are doing wrong instead of trying to show them for what they are doing right. Good bye.
I am not addicted to any group. I attend a meeting approximately once a week, because I enjoy it. I am not dependent on any type of medication for my mind, sobriety, or emotions. I have been free from alcohol for 29 years. I am free to do anything and everything I choose because of the things I learned in AA and the principles I've chosen to live by, the 12 steps. It matters not to me what anyone else chooses to do with their time and life. Just please don't say things about me, or others like myself, that aren't true. And I won't say anything about you.