Thread: My turn
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JustOne

My turn

Well I don't want to admit it but I'm surely here for a reason. After perusing this site all week I am now finishing day 6 of so of sobriety - the first six days in a row I can remember in maybe 25 years. I went from being the life of the party and loving to drink (I used to joke the only problem I ever had with alcohol is when it wasn't readily available) to sneaking vodka shots at home after everyone went to bed or even when my wife and kids were in the next room. Every day was an excuse to open a bottle of wine or have a beer or 15. Today is the worst so far - football Sunday always meant a 12 pack or more.

But I'm sick of the drinking that only gets me sorta drunk and the shaking, dry heaving anxiety that marks the mornings. So here I am. I can't possibly imagine never drinking again - my whole social life revolves around it. But it sure did feel good this weekend not drinking.

So we shall see how this goes. Thanks to all for letting me vent and I look forward to coming here for support as I struggle through.