View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Good job, WhoDey!! My one month mark was the closest I have come to relapse (it happened to fall on my wedding anniversary). So, be cautious. You know, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds, but I feel like you are pushing yourself really hard _forcing yourself to be in drinking situations. (serving drinks -YIKES!) I, too, believed every situation, celebration, holiday, etc. revolves around alcohol, but now I am not so sure that is true. A lot of my perception came from the fact that I gravitated to people and circumstances that revolved around alcohol. Yet, those weren't my happiest times. I love decorating projects. I love treasure hunting at flea markets. Those are times that I get lost in myself, those are the situations that time stands still for me. When I am lost in a fabulous book, the last thing I want is a foggy brain. I think you, WhoDey, are trying to fit Sober WhoDey into a lot of situations that maybe aren't right for WhoDey anymore?!? It is okay to change your priorities and perspectives. You don't have to live your old life, just sober. You can change your new life a little bit to fit your new sober self. If I am wrong, I apologize. Honestly coming from a caring heart . . . .