View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jaynie04

It's been a cool ride

Coming up on 5 months...the last month has flown. Sobriety is like throwing a bunch of seed down on fresh soil in the spring....every day I wake up and something else is starting to peek up and come to life. Today I was just washing dishes and I realized "I am happy". It's so much the little things, but there are so many of them, and I have so much gratitude. I am grateful that I stayed the course, that I waited to see what was around the corner. I couldn't believe that I could live without it...how could I watch tv, enjoy a weekend, see a season change, look forward to a holiday..never, never, never. I can't believe it, everything people here told me to believe in happened. I am sleeping, I feel better, I look better, I am starting to trust that this is real because it is. I can see that those seeds that I scattered tentatively not too long ago are beginning to put down roots and stretch for the sun. Just wanted to thank everyone here so much for the amazing support and honesty and strength, I have been so helped and inspired by everyone here !