View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Oh, where to begin? (update)

I wanted to update you all but I know it gets lengthy. I just typed out most of it & lost it before posting - argh!

RAH was released from custody yesterday, he had ended up in a Maximum Security cellblock with violent offenders for some unknown reason. Other than daily check ins about his situation, we didn't speak about anything until yesterday.

I can definitely say, without a shadow of a doubt, he did NOT do the things they are accusing him of. Before speaking to him, the details of the events were not sitting well with me as they unfolded because they weren't making any sense in relation to RAH - the timing, the motive, the everything just wasn't matching up. But I was so flaming MAD (once I got out of shock) that I didn't care & since I couldn't verify my thoughts with his side of the story I had to wait. As his anxiety skyrocketed & my anger mounted we weren't exactly communicating anyway.

He is guilty of absolute stupidity, inability to get over his own ego/pride & unfortunately I'm the victim to his worst transgressions. The web of lies he constructed around his loss of income made it impossible to determine fact from fiction. As absurd as it sounds (& yes, I do know that it sounds positively ridiculous) it happened just as he said - he found the necklaces, pawned them, then found out that the neighbor had been broken into, freaked inside hoping the 2 events weren't related & then went back to where he found the necklaces, finding & recognizing the gun about 12 feet further off the road, not visible under bushes. Instead of owning everything right then, he returned the gun to the property & hoped for the best because by then he'd paid bills with the money, telling me it was from his paychecks.

After arresting him, they confirmed that the gun was where he said it would be. They found fingerprints in the house that do NOT match RAH's. The same day that he was arrested, they caught 2 kids (older teens) that had been responsible for a series of robberies in our area. The details of the other robberies are consistent with the details of the neighbor's. After arrest, RAH was temporarily in a holding cell with one of the teens who laughingly told him that he knew our neighborhood having just robbed 2 houses there over the weekend.

RAH is changed on some core level that can't be reached by anyone or anything until that person wants to be affected. You can see the difference in his eyes, in his tone, in the words that he chooses. His entire energy field is different actually - DD remarked that it literally feels differently to be around daddy now.

I'd like to say that the man I used to know is finally back, but I don't think that's it exactly. More like he's found all those important pieces that were missing all these years, that he'd stuffed away to make room for his nonsense. The way he talks about the things he's seen behind bars & the stories he's heard from people who truly are less fortunate makes me think it showed him how bad it could really be. In his words - the only thing wrong with his life are the mistakes he himself has made.

I am seeing a tremendous difference in the way he talks - words I've never heard come out of his mouth no matter how long he stayed sober..... grateful, God, Higher Power, prayer, blessed, gratitude, honor, responsibility, accountability, etc. Even the way he slows down to choose his words is changed from the rapid talker he was. I see him thinking before speaking instead of rushing into reaction. It reminds me SO MUCH of the changes I saw in my AF when he finally got sober.

When I look into his eyes I can see depth again where there had been a swirling fog before no matter how long he'd stayed sober. I can see a clarity that's been absent. Last night he quickly changed clothes & jumped in the car to go with us to my Reiki Healing Circle for the 1st time & amazingly EIGHT healers showed up last night..... they could see his pain the minute we walked in, took him right in & proceeded to start his healing while he openly wept on the table.

Today after waking he rolled to his knees & prayed. Then he called my mother & started his long list of amends. Now he is working on hiring an attorney and selling everything he owns of value to pay for it.

I know as lengthy as this is, I've forgotten stuff & I know you all have got to have questions.