Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tate9685

Feeling Down but still doing the right things

Just having a bad day. Feeling sad because I no longer having a relationship with my b/f who is still drinking and having difficulty obtaining and maintaining employment b/c of numerous alcohol related offenses. I am not good with changes like this. I feel sad when I think about the good times we had together...sober. I know that is the right thing for me, not to be with him and I just have to feel this way until I dont feel this way anymore...but...it is still painful. Also, went to court today to get a restricted driver's license. There are numerous hoops to jump through, tests to take, fines to pay, ignition interlock requirement, fines and fees to pay....(yes I said that twice because it is ongoing)...I deserve the punishment and complete hassle because I broke the law by driving intoxicated. It just makes for an extra sad and frustrated feeling. I could try to drive without a restricted license for 6 months and without an ignition interlock and probably wouldn't get caught...but I have to do the right thing and follow the law because that is part of my "being honest" promise to myself. Anyway, still sober...and as my therapist says: I am just eating a big doo doo sandwich that I made for myself.