View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I would Make him leave. I own the house. In fact, I own almost everything in the house except his crappy car, his clothes and his capacious duffle bag.

I have made up my mind. I told my mother all of what has been happening lately and told her that I am not going to make any decisions before the holidays unless he goes into total meltdown. He has been sober two days now. I don't expect that to last but I might be pleasantly shocked. If after Christmas he is still not sticking with a program he will have to move out. The tax return will give me enough to give him some rent money even though I don't have to. However, it would be hurtful to the kids if their father was homeless.
Hi, Hon. Sorry things are so insane for you right now. I don't know your financial situation, would you and the kids need all of that tax money? If so, I say keep it. Jeez, I understand you must feel so torn. Is there any way at all that you and the kids could get away for a long weekend somewhere, somehow? Even stay at a friend or family members place just for a few days? If you could have just afew days away, with minimal or no working/stress...maybe a bit of distance will help clear your mind and bring everything into focus for you. Sometimes it can get so overwhelming that until you step back for a minute, you feel more confused than you actually are given a chance to breathe for a minute.

Where do you suspect he would go/what do you think he would do in general, should you separate? Do you worry about being harassed, worry for safety, worry that you will feel sorry for him, etc.