View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

but I'm not sure I could forgive myself if anything did happen and I had this chance to ask him to push himself and continue outpatient, and I didn't take it.

the only person that can push him is HIM. it's not YOUR chance, it's HIS. he's making it pretty clear that he is going to do what HE wants, regardless of recommendations or cautions of family or physicians. HE wants to treat himself to VACATION, HE doesn't like group, HE doesn't see the point, HE says once he's back to work he won't have time. HE is going to do this HIS way.

if you don't want to go on vacation, then don't go. but also don't have expectations that he will then USE that opportunity to continue his program. cuz he is making it clear he's not that interested and does NOT see it as a priority.

most people don't the opportunity to have 4 months in hospital and then rehab and still have another two months before going back to work. most people can barely afford a 14-28 day inpatient. most people would see that their drug use constituted a vacation and it's time to get back to the real world.