Thread: Very Troubled
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Charmed3

I had a situation arise with one of my daughters good friends 30 years ago. The parents were both alcoholics, divorced and the mother with a new boyfriend also an alcoholic.

My daughter had a birthday slumber party and her friend was there. The friends 5 yr old little brother kept calling our home and then the friend with a straight face told me and my friend that her brother was hurting because the moms boyfriend punched him in the eye. Then she proceeded to tell us with a straight unemotional face about the abuse her, her brother and 1 yr old sister were receiving.

I went to my room and called CPS, not much help, they asked me to get a look at the boy when I took the sister home in the morning to see if he needed medical help. OMG - 1/4 of this little boys face was black & blue.

The next day was Monday, my daughter came home and told me some people came and took Sherry from school today. Later I found out they went to the home first, took the other 2 children and then picked up Sherry at school.

My daughter talked to her now and then but a few years ago they ran in to each other at the mall. Sherry knew it was me that had called CPS and she asked my daughter to thank me because the 3 children ended up in a wonderful foster home together and had a great life that they wouldn't have had if someone hadn't stepped in.

As adults, if parents aren't taking care of children it is our responsibility to step up and speak for them when they can not.

Thank you for helping your daughters friend.