Thread: Being Thankful
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

November is one of my favorite months ~ for the past 4 years I have posted 30 days of gratitude on FB ~ each day posting something I am grateful for ~ sometimes it's deeply heartfelt like How I am so grateful for my unperfect parents because we matched perfectly as I am an unperfect daughter and then another it will be something fun such as peanut butter & hot choc ~ my two staple food groups! lol

Mostly I am thankful for the God of my understanding and for PINK. MY God had a wonderful plan for my life and I am so grateful He used pink to do it.
Early in al-anon, my home group asked me to start focusing on what I liked. Geez what did I like ~ they said - start with your favorite color ~ I said I kinda like pink.
and one lady said that's an excellent place to start.

So here I am 10 yrs later and so happy, joyous and free ~ because I started my program focusing on one little thing "Pink" ~ Pink opened the door for me to have choices, boundaries, courage, strength, wisdom, laughter, gratitude, forgiveness, healthy compassion, friends, HOPE and a future ~ something the disease of alcoholism stole from me a long long long time ago.

So when you see me type PINK hugs ~ please know I am sending you the hopes & wishes that you will have these same things too!

grateful - so very very grateful!

pink hugs!