View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Ruby))
glad you were able to maintain your sobriety ~ that's awesome!

I'm not giving suggestion on what to do about the check ~ but I just want to share a little of my story with my now ex ah . . .

It was very common for my then AH to steal money, checks or whatever to feed his alcoholism & addiction ~ no matter what I did he always found a way to get that money, forge my name and do whatever he needed to do get the money he wanted ~ I was not in al-anon & had no tools to set boundaries in our home. Our daughters had birthday money stolen too - they started keep their money at their grandmothers ~

because I truly never enforced the consequences I would "say" he had, because I would always give him another chance and nothing changed.
His disease progressed and my ah while under the influence, when no one else was home, he stole a checkbook from one of our adult newly married daughters that had a newborn baby ~ he wrote checks for almost $500.

I know it wasn't totally my fault but I did contribute to this ~ I had never really done anything before why would he think it would matter now.

My daughter did press charges ~ I was very proud of her. Sometimes our adult children are wiser than we are.

Wishing you the best ~

pink hugs