Old 11-19-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by Try18 View Post
My old sponsor used to say there was a difference between admitting I was an alcoholic and accepting it. That only once I was able to see it as just not an option anymore was recovery possible. Early days for me and working on that acceptance.
I'm not sure how one works on acceptance , to me it seems either i accept i can't drink or i reject it . I rejected the idea for a long time , then something changed and i accepted it . haven't had a drink since .

I don't see a grey area , for me either i accept it totally and that is the end of my question or i am rejecting it and justifying not accepting it with anything that occurs to me , and in doing so i keep the question alive , i keep the stresses and the strains involved alive and i get to drink or not drink another day.

Just accept it , the question will die , you'll be free to go and do something more fun than thinking about if you can or cannot accept something or not which is quite a twisted bit of thinking IMHO , either you can or you can't .. i don't see a grey area ..

I'm not trying to get at you, try18, it's just i think the difference might be worth pointing out ,

m