View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
fightinglioness

Hey thatslife,
I've been in recovery from a heroin addiction as well for 2 months and 2 weeks. Relapsed on Halloween, but I don't consider myself being a failure for that, so that's why I say "in recovery"
for the past 4 years of my addiction, I really thought that the only thing I'd have to suffer from would be my physical withdrawls. I had no effing idea how bad it would have messed with my brain also. Lol sucks dealing with the aftermath effects like anxiety and depression but each day you start getting to know more and more reasons why you should stay sober. At first it's like...... ehhh why am I sober again? lol
are you seeing a drug counseler?

keep going, thatslife. being clean for as long as you have is actually something to be really proud of, each day adds to that.
I know how hard it is trying to find a job with a police record, though... that's really tough and it makes it hard for someone to recover also. but don't let it discourage you, get a crappy job for now and then talk to your lawyer after some more sober time (like that person said in your other post) then you'll be able to pick up where you left off with your degree.