View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

I'm one of the fortunate ones who went to 1 hospital, 1 rehab, and I've been sober ever since. I think the reason for that is that I jumped into sobriety with complete willingness and no reservations. While I have no experience having slipped myself, I've seen thousands of people relapse multiple times. What I have trouble understanding is how they put the drink down again, yet do nothing differently than they did the first time around. In order to stay sober I believe we have to grow and change, a lot. The only way we can do that is by letting go of old ideas, and welcoming new ones.

Are you part of any recovery program? Have you given AA an earnest shot? Do you have any sort of plan regarding how you're going to stay away from drugs and alcohol and be content in life? I think these are important questions. And I think it's really important to decide on what you'll do differently so you don't spend the rest of your life in and out of hospitals. I know too many people who waste their lives away like that. Sounds like you have a bright future if you get alcohol out of the way. I say do whatever ya gotta do to be done with it, but the problem isn't going to just disappear on its own.