Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
tippy79

I'm new to this website, and this is the first forum I've read. I'm in my thirties and have tried to quit drinking a few times. This time I really want to do it to prove to my husband and myself that I can. I love to drink, and for the last 10 plus years, that's what I've been doing. I give myself reasons to drink. I don't drink all day or start first thing in the morning. I guess you can say I'm a functioning alcoholic. I can drink a lot and do when I'm given the opportunity, which is quite often, say 4-5 times a week at night. It's nice to hear that you do get "over it," and can enjoy things again. Right now I'm just thinking about how I may someday be able to drink again, but deep down I know that it will just take me down this road I'm on now. So far, I've found that getting all the booze out of the house and not putting myself in a drinking situation has helped, but it's only been 3 days for me. Not sure how long I can keep this up though. To goingdownslo, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find the same strength I am looking for to get me through this. Hopefully the support I've seen that people share on here will help you like I HOPE it will help me!