View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tate9685

Go to AA, while doing Rational Recovery?

I just took the Crash course in AVRT a/k/a Rational Recovery. I think that I will do well with this approach. The information that I read, the tools of AVRT all make logical sense to me and I am excited to have found this technique. The only thing is that I don't have a social network other than Sober Recovery and I don't have any sober friends to hang out with or call when I want to talk. I would like to go to Womens groups in AA, but the founder of Rational Recovery thinks that going to recovery groups that promote, powerlessness like AA are counterproductive and will interfere with my recovery in RR. So....with that said...any thoughts? Anyone have experience with this? I have recently broken up with my b/f and he was my only close friend. I miss having a best friend and a social life. I don't have a ton of extra time to devote to friends because I work full time, my 18 yr old daughter is living with me and is expecting in March 2014, so I will have my hands full helping her and I already spend most of my free time hanging out with her, but still feel like I need a friend or two in sobriety. Thanks for your thoughts.