View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cheebiechi

Approaching my first birthday

Good Morning everyone,
Well December 7th will be my 1 year of sobriety. With the approaching day there has been issues from my horrid past finally creeping up on me. Financial issues being one, and the feeling of shame for putting my wife and I in them. I was in Hazelden treatment facility on my second grandchild's birth, my biological birthday, Christmas, and New Years Eve, and New Years Day. I have been attending AA once a week the whole time and only missed a handful, I have a sponsor but I am feeling I need a new sponsor with more years of experience and has worked the steps more than once I firmly believe in them whole heartedly but I have not worked them in order. There has also been steps I have not worked, like the fourth and fifth which I feel would be really beneficial to my ongoing daily recovery. I so many times feel the urge to do the right thing but I don't take that step to do it.

Well I suppose my babble is leading me to this question: Is the any experiences with changing sponsors? and did you get a new one before letting the other know you appreciated there being there for you but I am growing and I need someone who works the steps and will hold me more accountable?

MJ