View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Elseware

First, congratulations to you Sean. 100 days is a wonderful thing to be celebrating. Hurray!

I have been thinking about what everyone is saying about why and how they stopped with the drugs and alcohol. My motivations are sort of unclear to me as I write this. Why exactly did I desire to quit this stuff? And how did I get this far? I think basically drugs and alcohol addiction are part of the same continuum but my motivations for quitting each was a little different. My motivations for drinking and taking pills was exactly the same and I know exactly what it was; namely pleasure induced by stimulating neurotransmitters. And a seductive call it is for me, too. Why do I know longer wish to heed this siren? The call is certainly still there. It is late and I'm going to think about this and sleep on it and try to post as honest a post as I can in the morning. I think it may be important for me to be very, very clear to myself about why I'm off drugs and alcohol in order to keep off drugs and alcohol. This is what I really, really want. On this I am clear. And another niggling question. What am I going to do if I wreck up my knee or have an issue requiring pain management? I'm scared of pain. Except for giving birth, I've never even had any to speak of.