Thread: wine in fridge
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi Sunrise,
I just had a similar but different situation. If I misunderstand your situation I apologize.

I knew in my heart what I needed to do but kept putting it off. Then it dawned on me to ask myself "what would change if I said what I had to say?" The answer I gave myself surprised me. Not much other than I would be being true to me and that's a lot.

So I said what I had to say to the person in my life. It didn't change anything on their end. It changed me. While it was hard and not exactly what I wanted to do, it gave me a new sense of pride to know that I can take care of myself in spite of what others do or say. I was sad but I was also proud of myself.

So anyway, if you are not getting support now or haven't felt like you have gotten too much support in the past, what would change if you just said I'm not drinking? Don't bring wine home for me anymore. I'm not drinking.

From my experience, a couple of things can happen. Yes, someone can possible try to make it harder for you. Well, bringing home wine for you doesn't sound like its easy either or it's possible you just continue getting very little support but now..you don't care....or, they may even just leave you alone in that department. Regardless the outcome, ya gotta do what ya gotta do for you.

Not trying to stick my nose in your business or tell you what to do. I just talk about me. I have to take care of me regardless what other people do or don't do. The most important support I get is the support I give myself.

Good for you on quitting!!! You can do it!!