View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DelicateDahlia

Three days and counting...

I never thought that drinking would become such a pivotal and large part of my life. I have always had an addictive personality and for that reason I never did try recreational drugs.

About two years ago, my husband started working a lot. He was away from the home for at least 18hrs a day. So on the rare occasion I would have a drink or two a couple times a week. I found that the buzz would keep my mind off of being lonely and made me feel "happy". Eventually, 1-2 drinks turned to 3-4 drinks and was taking place more frequently. Without realizing that I was drinking more, things progressed to the point where I was craving a drink by noon. Very rarely would I drink to the point of being wasted, but I was dependant on alcohol. I became forgetful and was reluctant to do things that I just to get enjoyment out of.

Wednesday morning I woke-up with a terrible headache (probably the 60th day in a row that this has happened), so I promised myself that I would not let alcohol rule my life any longer. I have told myself in the past that I need to stop, but that would normally only last a day or two. I am at the start of day four and I feel AMAZING!!! The past three days have had their ups and downs. I was tempted to have "just one" drink last night, but I knew where that would lead… I have started to do get back into baking (my fave thing to do), and I think that I will start running today (my second most fave to do).

I have not confided in anyone about my drinking problem, however, I am fairly certain that my friends and family have their suspicions. I know that there are going to be times that I need support, so that is why I have joined this forum.

Thanks for listening and taking the time to read the "Coles notes" version of my story.