Thread: wine in fridge
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by SunriseSky View Post
Dee I think you are right - this is sabotage. I was reflecting on Pipping's and Chaili05's very sensible advice to ask for his support. I can't do that. I am ashamed to admit that the times in our marriage that I have needed his support the most, have been the times when he has been most likely to withhold support, undermine me or sabotage me.

So I'm afraid to ask for his support because I'm afraid he'll try to deter me from the path I know I need to take. I can't have that happen. My highest priority right now is to stop drinking. I'll deal with the issues in my marriage some other day. Right now, I have to stay sober. Period.

I will dump that bottle if I need to, but thanks to all of you, it's not calling to me anymore. As I mentioned in my OP, I didn't even have a desire for a drink tonight until he showed up with the wine. I think his actions stirred up a lot of emotional garbage and anxiety that you've helped me clarify.

Thank you so much.
I wasn't suggesting anything - I was just putting the two options out there

I was thinking it's hard to sabotage someone if they don't know what you're doing - but there's obviously more to this situation.

Only you can make the call on his motives

If you can't count of support at home, make sure you have support in other places, ok?

D