View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
VitaminB6

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Welcome back! I wouldn't say I have social anxiety but I'm definitely not an overly social person. I'm perfectly content with being on my own in my house most of the time. I started drinking in college as a way to open up the social side of myself and go out more. After my girlfriend broke up with me about four years ago, I started drinking even more and usually alone. Of course, that spiraled into me drinking alone every night in my house to the point of blacking out and passing out. It took me a few years of the 5-day sober sessions that never worked before I finally got on the right path. I found once I got a few weeks under my belt I started to feel better about my decision and it helped me to keep going. You can do this and we are here with you for the ride!
Cheers mate. that's very similar to me then plus I'm also a Zelda fan.

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Hi B6 and welcome back!

So since the fitness/ health thing worked for you in the past, will it be part of your current plan for quitting? (once you are through detox and feeling better that is)
Yeah, I hope so, when I was at my physical peak before I wasn't tempted to drink at all, once I got into that habit and saw gains each week I only had a desire to better myself. I keep stopping/starting which is not good for motivation but for now I'm mostly concerned with just being healthy.

I commend you for realizing at a young age that this is no way to spend your life. It's taken me most of mine to finally get it, and I will be 50 next year. Well done!
Thanks a lot mate, means a lot.