View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jakec

Originally Posted by chaili05 View Post
Well, it seems you know what you need to do, it's just a matter of putting it into action... and actually, just some food for thought, it's been said that you can feel the immediate withdrawal symptoms for 30 days before you start to feel improvement or "normal" again. Give yourself a break- you know it's not going to be easy and you seem to know that right now is your immediate weak point and that if you dont do something about it you'll end up using to alleviate the pain. Is there a meeting you can go to for support?
You're very right. I just prayed for a little bit and then called like 6 people from my phone list until someone finally picked up... I don't feel great, but I do feel a little more positive and less unmanageable than I did 20 minutes ago.. I guess the proof is in the pudding lol. I should do this more often.

And yes, well not at this very moment, but I have out-patient group from 5 to 6 and then an NA meeting at 7:30, I think i'll be good until then, I'm safe in the arms of my higher power and if crisis arrives, I have my phone numbers.