View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I too am neither here nor there with these special composition groups. We have there here - for those who speak Greek or Polish or Spanish, for young people, LGBT, men's, women's, etc. I have attended many of them, and for me as long as they hold to the Traditions and carry the message as outlined in the BB, I am ok with it.

It is funny that for a while I heard that there wasn't anything for the "young people". They too went on about walking into rooms with middle aged or senior men and not feeling a part of, etc. So they started up two younger people meetings, and they started strong and then faded and were gone and delisted within 6 months. It was worth a shot, I guess, but many realized that perhaps those old timer meetings were actually not as bad as they thought

I too have been to one of those all-out, cross-talking men's meetings and it just wasn't my cup of tea. it was interesting (as was going to an atheist meeting), and I am sure many found the message being carried well there, but it wasn't a fit for me...and that is ok. We all have the groups and meetings that we can identify more with...and perhaps that is the crux of it. I should be able to identify at any meeting, but if one of these groups keeps one or two of those who may have wandered away at first...then it's a good thing.