View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
ScoutBall

I won't regale you guys with the weather report here lately--but the trade winds are back, and that makes for some spectacular sleeping weather. =)

I feel like I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep since we got here, as after a couple hours under just a sheet, I feel like an inferno. Small price to pay, I suppose.

Have gotten some photos from home--showing the dustings of snow, and some good looking Fall weather. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. There is something about those snappy Fall/Early Winter mornings that always made me feel really alive. Electric somehow. Plus--I do like the subdued colors and sounds of the prairie. Things here are SO colorful, and SO up in your face sometimes, it's a bit of overload. But--again--I've nary a complaint regarding our weather/surroundings, I just wish I could get some milk for under 8 dollars. =)

Congrats on your milestones, DG. As always, you are proving tougher than I. I've recently just given up on giving up chewing tobacco. It's a bear, I'll tell you...and instead of stepping DOWN the nicotine amount in this e-cig thing, I was just ramping it up, and then running around puffing on that thing constantly. Got to the point I was changing out a battery for a fresh one, and just keeping that cycle going.

Someday I'll get this portion of my ill-habits dealt with...it's just not going to be any time soon. I guess...can take the cowboy off the ranch...can't take the ranch outta the cowboy? I dunno. Stupid habit picked up early...and seemingly going to be the last one to die as it holds on for dear life.

I'm just thankful I never equated chewing with drinking, or vice versa--cause I honestly haven't thought about alcohol for a long time. Really long time, actually. It does give me hope that if I just quit the tobacco wholly, ride out the storm like I did with booze, I'll be just done with it...but...a battle for another day.

Best, Friends.
Pets to Olive.
-sb