View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

Ok, maybe I am being thick-headed (it may be all the meds) but I know I am guilty of some of the infractions listed, but I am going to list some of the things I see all the time and ask for guidance. Most of the things on your list are common sense and perfectly understandable to me, but I am confused about others, especially the advice issue.

1) You should seek counseling, it really helped me as I intrepret the list this should be "Counseling really helped me or my mom or whoever"

2) Please get to an al-anon meeting, this should be "Al-anon really helped me"

3) Please get out of that situation for the sake of your children should be "I left because my children were in danger" or being raised in an alcoholic home was very hard on me"

What about when someone asks for advice, there was a question of safety the other night and I suggested changing the tumblers on the locks because the poster did not have the money to have the locks changed, was giving advice the wrong thing to do in that situation?

Thank you for the help, I want to be an asset rather than a liability to the SR family.

Bill