View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HopefulinFLA

Hi Coco.

Sorry to hear your feeling so down. You've found a great place here. There are lots of others who've been through what you're going through. I have found so much comfort, understanding, and great advice with out judgement since I came to SR a few months ago. It really helps to talk with others who get it.

Lets get a couple of things straight, you are not unloveable, you are not a loser, you are not the bad guy, and your anger is not unjustifiable. Emotions are neither good nor bad, they just are. As someone before me stated it's what you do with them that counts.

Make yourself a list of all of your wonderful qualities, and all of the friends and family in your life who love you. It might help you see the big picture. Your father's problems are not yours and are absolutely not a reflection of who you are.

I must agree with the others here, if you're not getting what you need out of your counselor, keep trying others til you find one you connect with. It's often recommended that people try 3-4 before making a decision on which one to continue seeing. It's as much about personality as it is their knowledge.

Drinking is NOT the answer to your problems. I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching, but it will only add to your suffering. Loving friends and family, counseling, and lots of positive constructive activities are what will help you.

Please come back and post again, we want to hear from you!

Wishing you peace and happiness sweetie.