View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Originally Posted by TempeBrenn View Post
May I please stay with this group? I slipped last night and drank a bottle and half of Chardonnay after just making it 3 weeks. There was no reason except that I guess I was reading that fictional book Driver was talking about...Moderation.
We moved to a new State 3 years ago when hubby retired and I was let go. Making friends was neither of our strong suits. So I guess my abuse of Chardonnay escalated from boredom... Happy Hour (at home) started earlier and earlier for me. And one glass became a bottle or two. I tell myself it's the taste I enjoy, but after 2 glasses, it's no longer about the taste, right? Hubby can take or leave his one scotch and wants me to quit. But I guess I'm angry and jealous I can't drink like him.
Anyway, Driver1, I just messed up your post that not one of the Tobers had slipped. I did. But I really want to come back and stay sober. And thought I might give y'all a little background on me, since I feel like I "know" many of you.
Enough said. Keep up the good fight everyone. May God watch over you.

And welcome Raider.
Tempe, you ARE one of us! I am just so happy that you came right back. I am fearful that if I have a slip, I'll be one of those people who just disappear. . . . and then slink back in a year with a much bigger problem to address. So, I appreciate you coming right back. It is inspiring!!