View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
croydonlad

Cravings and boredom

I'm a couple of days short of 7 weeks sober and I've been really lucky so far in that, aside from the first week or so during which I felt pretty rubbish, I've found living without alcohol really easy and have not missed it at all.

I had no cravings, not even in that first week when I was feeling paranoid and crazy and generally exhausted.

But then last night and just a few minutes ago I experienced 2 very small cravings.

Last night I just tried not to give it much thought and it went away. At the time I didn't even notice how long it took to pass - I just suddenly realised I had completely forgotten about drinking later on.

The same happened just now.

Both times I was bored.

I have some free time today and I have been relaxing and reading a book and I put my book down and thought about doing something different and the thought of alcohol came into my head like yesterday evening.

I don't have much to be responsible for today, I have no work until Tuesday and I want something to do to relieve my boredom.

I'm not going to drink and it's now not an actual consideration for me like it was a few minutes ago so I don't feel like I'm battling against a craving.

Like I say, I think in almost 7 weeks I'm quite lucky just to have a couple of small cravings and have been able to just let them pass.

I don't feel like I'm struggling right now but how do you guys deal with them?