View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Good to hear, Tetra!

One question: you said you're having a great time, but yet your post is titled "I'm such an idiot". Why? I understand you have a few regrets, but overall this was a very positive post.

One thing I learned in addiction therapy was to watch my language when I talked about myself. I used to describe myself as an "unemployed alcoholic", almost as a joke, but deep down that was the way I really thought of myself, even in recovery. My therapist told me that I was a nice guy who was making major strides in recovery and looking for a new career path. That sounded much better.

You are not an "idiot". You are a woman who is trying your best to conquer a tough illness, and you are taking strides to beat alcoholism. You are stepping away from a toxic situation at home, and making positive steps in the city with your grandmother. You are well educated, have 2 degrees, and you are working forward to getting new work experience.

Keep building these positive sober experiences! Your avatar looks like a little bunny rabbit in a carrot space-ship, ready to go where no man has gone before, and he's taking you along for the ride!