View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tetra

I feel like an idiot

As some of you may know, I am staying at my Grandma's for a few days, and maybe more. She put me in the guest room and it is the same room I slept in almost two years ago when I first gave up alcohol and had a seizure.

I was lying in bed last night and thinking about that time. In November 2011 I was in bad shape and was shaking all the time. I first quit on the 4th December 2011 and I should be coming up on two years sobriety, but I had a slip after I finished my exams in May 2013 and then on October 31st just gone. My My sobriety date is now November 1st 2013. I guess I am just thinking of the way things could have been...I feel quite foolish...

On a different note, I am enjoying my time here. I keep forgetting how much I enjoy being in the city. My auntie is here too and she gave me some clothes she doesn't want any more. (Some really good things too, designer and in very good condition. It is a change for me coz I usually live in jeans and converse.) My sister also told me that I can stay with her any time, until I find my feet.

I went into town for coffee today and for a long walk on the beach. It was cold and windy but very invigorating. Tomorrow I am meeting some friends. My life is far perfect, but it does have perfect moments. My mum and I do not get on but I do have a good family and I am grateful.

I just wanted to write down my thoughts. Thanks for reading x