View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tripleaaa

Newcomer to Recovery Forum

Hi I am new to this forum. I have 20 years of recovery and about a year ago met a sweet guy that was about 6 months sober. We talked for hours, he is a very genuine guy that I basically fell for the first time we "hooked up". We hooked up a few times then things got busy and we basically just texted. He is much younger than I am so basically I didn't know where it was going to go. He got 11 months of sobriety and graduated a treatment place and unfortunately relapsed. Then we starteed texting again and became boyfriend and girlfriend. In the past 4 months I am sad to say that he overdosed twice and has been to 3 detoxes. He is addicted to heroin. Right now he just completed detox and is in a transitions place. I love him with all my heart and wish I could help him.
The problem I have is that people judge me. Yes he is younger but his grandmother and I have been the only 2 people in his life that support him 100%.
I am wondering if anyone out here has ever been in this situation. Our age difference? My sobriety?