Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
deeker

24 Hour Club Sign up Sheet Part 23, All Are Welcome!

Well Good Day Everyone! So good you are here! It's just another 24 . Please join us if you are
new and sign in for another commitment to 24 hours clean and sober!

Just post your local time and commit! Please post once daily on this thread as this will make
up our final roster of the day. Thanks Everyone!

Welcome To Our Newest Members-SunriseSky - Flying4life - tate9685 - badger1 - chaili05 - Tetra - too.tall

Congratulations!!

chaili05 1 week!
joshlyman 1 week!
Citrus 1 week!
Nuway2fly 1 week!
Brian316 2 weeks!
1stepup 3 weeks!
free2Bsober 3 weeks!
viking1975 4 weeks!
actorchris 1 month!
Addi 3 months !
Alysheba 3 months (yesterday)
SnowDawg 3 months!
Louise82 4 months!
Bubovski 6 months!
stevie88 11 months!

If I missed your special goal my apologies. Please pm me with any updates and or corrections!
This list is proof that sobriety is possible for us all! Totally Awesome!

If you slipped, please just get honest and start over right now, don't put it off another day. It
will not get any better out there. The way you are feeling right now is the best it is going to get!
If you are reading this it must not be that good! Won't you please join us!

Roster will be posted at 10 pm EST 11/7 USA, Google USA Eastern Standard Time to see how
your local time translates!

But I Am So Sorry!

Continually saying I am sorry and then repeating the same behaviour really wore my loved ones
out. How many times have they heard my empty promises?

When I got sober I thought, Look at me! I wanted a pat on the back and to be told "Oh Honey
we are so proud of you" and all is forgiven.

When it didn't happen that way I would get angry because my expectations were not met. I'd
say say heck with it, if this is what I get by being sober I may as well drink.

Expectations get us into trouble.

I expected my son to get over the things I did when drunk. I expected affection from my hubby
and when I didn't get it, I became indignant.Threw myself a pity party and started putting
conditions on my sobriety.

Saying "Well if things don't get better around here in 1 month I may as well drink." Or "What's
the use anyways".

This happened several times in the past and I drank again when all those high expectations were
not met.

I expected instant forgiveness and when I didn't get it I used it as an excuse to drink again. Only
to add more crap to my story.

Some of our loved ones may never come to forgive us. Or it is going to take some time.
Some of us did some major damage. But it is very important that we forgive
ourselves and realize that we have an illness.

We are not bad people trying to get good, we are sick people trying to get well.

We will be defeated once again if we say well they don't forgive me so heck with it I will get
drunk or high.

For me I have found that saying I am sorry was not cutting it anymore that they needed to see
change. Consistent change.

What our families want to see most is that we are putting forth a consistent effort towards our recovery.
No more empty promises. They want to see action.

In The past Promises did not get me sober, Wishing did not get me sober,
Thinking did not get me sober.

Action got me sober this time.

For me taking suggestions from people who were sober and
actually doing what they suggested.

What action am I going to take today?

* Introspective Song For The Day- Change -Tracy Chapman

If ever unable to locate the 24 Hour Club in the future, click on "Search" near top of
page on Blue tool bar and type in Newcomer Daily Support Threads and click GO!
This is Part 23! God Bless!