View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HBruemmer

New member to the board needs help

I just found this site. I am here because I was looking for resources to find out information about leaving my alcoholic husband. He has become increasingly worse over the years and refuses any therapy or counseling. He does not acknowledge that he has any alcohol problem.
Primarily the problem is that he continues to bully, ridicule, disrespect and blame me for his short comings, failures, and unhappiness. Although a new level was reached in September when he became physically violent with me, leaving me bruised all over and my fifteen year old son stepped in and punched him, at which point he went after my son and I got beaten worse keeping him off of Jacob. We ended up with the police here but I covered for him out of fear of him losing his job. I thought that would be a wake up call, our pastor got involved and he begged for forgiveness and promised to "cut back" on his drinking. Now he doesn't even acknowledge that it happened. His version is that my son and I "overreacted" and I shouldn't have gotten in his way. He also watched until I left my computer unguarded and deleted all photos of my bruises.
I spent last night with my six kids hiding upstairs and me in my bedroom as he stormed through the house cursing, yelling, and slamming things just praying for him to fall asleep. I sent an email to my work email address as a diary of the behavior to have a record with a time stamp. i already went through one messy divorce and I can not start over with six kids and no money. I have to find a way to leave where I can keep my house. We own it outright and living paycheck to paycheck it is the only security we have. I love him, but don't see any way to salvage this relationship. He is too quick to anger, and too volatile at this point for me to see a way to stay if he won't get help. Has anyone ever done an intervention? How does that work?