Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SadPandaBear

I don't know what to do...my loved one needs help

Hello all, I could really use your advice.

My husband isn't looking so well, he continues to drink from waking up at 6am to passing out by 9pm or so, everyday. With a nap or 2 in between. He has a couple of screwdrivers throughout the morning, then a 5-7 beers, then red wine with dinner, then a couple of JD's on the rocks, then it's lights out for him.

This really isn't good, he keeps asking me how he's going to quit and I tell him that he's done it before and that he just needs to get through the first day and we'll go from there. I tell him that i don't like seeing what he's doing to himself. I can see physically that he is slowly going downhill.

I need everyone's help on this subject because I really don't know what to do. Should I call someone to come and pick him up to go to a detox facility without him knowing they are coming? I'm bawling my eyes out trying to type this. Would he ever forgive me for doing something like that?

What is the alternative? Just sit back and watch him do this to himself? He's 52 and has been drinking since his 20's, this heavily for the last 3 or 4.

He won't go to a doctor and he won't quit on his own. I'm not trying to sound dramatic but I'm getting fearful of his health and of his life if he keeps going at this rate. Should I call a rehab center to see what the protocol is? Do any of you have any experience with interventions? Can you offer any other words of wisdom? What I should or shouldn't do? Thanks to all.