View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Received

When I quit drinking it was only the very beginning of a total ongoing overhaul.

I lost an enormous amount of weight but that's because I stayed very mindful of what I shoved down my throat. I started eating paleo'ish' and am now wearing a size 4/6 and I am a tall woman.

I stopped smoking a few months after I quit drinking. I did not start exercising until I had lost most of my weight but I did walk a lot.

I'm in a situation that does not allow me to develop real life friendships but I am able to find ways to spend time visiting residents of an assisted living center. They are such a delightful group of people.

I changed my hair and am sporting some great funky hair color and I'm older than you miyako.

I am permanently abstinent from alcohol. I will never drink again so I have not even considered any problems I've encountered, since I quit, as being a result of not drinking. I don't drink, ever, and that will never change.

Currently I have fallen victim to GASP a severe low back problem which, aside from being very painful and debilitating, is driving me batty and if things don't start looking up shortly I will be facing surgery. Ibuprofen and moist heat have become my best friends.

I've had several very sad life changing things happen since I quit drinking (and that doesn't include my back problem).

Thing is, my life has absolutely nothing to do with not drinking. It has everything to do with living life the very best I know how to right now.

If you feel like your life sucks, change it but none of the problems you posted seem to be related to not drinking. They seem to be related to being apathetic.

Anyway, didn't mean to preach. Oh, by the way, I have a great therapist that helps nudge me along life's twist and turns.