View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

My life was pretty uninspiring too - the life thats ok for a drunk guy doesn't really cut it for a sober one.

So I made changes - changes in friends, changes in what i did for fun, changes in employment, even changes in how I reacted to things

It was big job......and a long one.

The process of realising I had to make changes, getting through the feeling it was unfair that I had to make these changes, and see the changes come to fruition and begin to bear some benefits took a while.

I've said elsewhere it took me all of my first year and some of my second to really start to feel happy & content with what I had.

It's work yeah, but it's not bad work. It's a lot better than drinking. There's no answers back there. I looked

Figure out exactly what you hate the most in your life. Change it.
Then move on to the second most hated thing. Change that too.

I've had some people tell me that's all fine in theory but just practicable... if you feel you can't do change some stuff, you're gonna have to work on it internally and find a way get what you need out of the life you have.

That a big ask too - but if your happiness isn't worth working on, what is?

In the end it's done to us. It's always down to us, and and how much we're prepared to do to help ourselves, I think.

You're not alone here - plenty of help and support. Sometimes that AA crowd have some good ideas too

D