Thread: Screw this.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Katchie

Originally Posted by JanieJane View Post
I decided. I'm leaving. The less he drinks (he really is trying), the bigger of a jerk he becomes. I have called him abusive before. I don't know if he really is, because I barely know which way is up anymore, but I know he's a big f#*cking jerk. The things that come out of his mouth are disgusting. Racist, sexist, homophobic. I hate it. He is cruel to me and he doesn't care. He is ungrateful for the the things I do for him. He mocks the parts of me that I think are extra "me" (my sensitivity, my want to fix the world, my quirkiness). I could go on and on, but there's no point. I am leaving. Not today, not tomorrow, but I am leaving. I am a mother with limited skills. I need to save more money and make a plan. I hope I feel free and lighter one day.
I am in a similar boat with you in the sense that I'm a mother with limited skills. I've been planning on going back to school; wheat her its just to learn more computer skills and brush up on my Spanish or to actually get a degree I haven't decided. I'm not mentally, verbally or physically abused but I do have the fear that someday I'll have to take care of myself by myself. Having a plan is never a bad idea. It will probably give you a little peace to be proactive.