View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
MiSoberbio

Pravchaw, I haven't been able to read everything in this and your other thread about the hit your career took recently, but I wanted to share with you that I experienced a financial meltdown while I was in the deepest throes of my co-addiction and had no idea how I would be able to rebuild, but as I continued to focus on MY recovery things began to get better.

While my life was revolving around my addicted partner, I lost perspective and concentration, and for that my income took a major hit.... I even knew in my gut that my relationship with my companion was tearing apart so much that I had worked for, but I was so obsessed with helping HIM that I couldn't let go (sounds like addictive behavior, doesn't it?) Anyway, I was blessed in that I continued seeking recovery, and little by little my mind began to clear, and my work situation began to improve.

I'm sharing this because you've mentioned things like never getting another promotion, or retiring early, and although I know nothing about your situation, I believe that as you continue to recover, new opportunities will appear in your life. Keep focused on you and the fulfillment of your life and doors will open. And perhaps more money or authority might not be the best thing for you right now... keep working your recovery and let your life blossom.