Thread: in shock
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
help4hubby

Thanks! I'm really hoping everyone takes a logical approach to looking at this. I'm just gonna lay it out there for them and say I don't feel comfortable having alcohol in the house bc I don't know for sure whether he's taken anything or not and I can't trust him bc he's lied in the past. If he gets alcohol then one of us needs to leave in order for me to feel safe. It will be very hard for me bc I will not leave without my dogs. We have 3 dogs and 2 of them are big dogs. We have a nice big fenced in yard here. Seems to me the logical choice would be for him to leave but they are his parents and they do own the house so who knows. The other thing I've been thinking about is that I could afford to live here alone and pay for everything on my own, my husband couldn't. It's kind of ironic considering I'm the one who's unemployed at the moment. If I did have to go I have no idea how I would manage with 3 dogs. I've been giving this so much thought and I've been willing to stick it out and work through my husband's addictions, if we come to a point where he won't budge I think I will be more hurt than angry. Hopefully it won't come to that but it's always good to be prepared (as much as you can).