Thread: Slipped BAD.
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
FourSeasons

Originally Posted by tammygirl View Post
YOU DON'T NEED TO EAT 5 HERSHEY CANDYBARS DAILY AND THEN BI#$% ABOUT YOUR DIABETES!..."
That is a great analogy, tammygirl. If you can be calm, then I think you should say exactly that to your friend... but in a very calm voice...

Onthebrink - You slipped. You know you have a problem. You acknowledge it. You are aware of it. You know it is destructive. Most important, you want to stop.

Honestly, I think it takes a while to finally accept the fact that alcohol is not a friend and that you truly have had it... No more. Never again.... AND actually believe it in your heart. You have to want sobriety so badly. You really need to feel it within every fiber of your being.

Please remember the pain you feel now. Hold on dearly to that pain. Don't forget it. Live for it. Live it daily!!!

The next time you want a drink, or feel like you will not live another second without it, then force yourself to think of what most likely will happen if you have that first drink. Ruminate that thought in your mind. Simply, go over it and over it and over it until the urge passes. And it will!!!

This is my number one tool for not drinking. I have urges daily. At one point, I was up to two bottles of red wine daily... Horrible! So sad and disgusting... What a waste I was.

I absolutely do not want to go back to that dark and depressing place. It terrifies me...

Today, I am over 70 days sober and loving each moment. I am so grateful to have arrived at this place and to be fully cognizant of the fact that there is no such thing has having "just one". I finally surrendered!

SOBRIETY IS A GIFT!!!