View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

It is so true! Me and my AH were both addicts until 2009 .. when I finally was done. He was not.
Living through addiction is more than difficult! I have survived. I have not left my husband because it's not that easy for me. We have two kids and have been through hell together. He helped me stay sober when I was pregnant and we are complete co-dependents with each other for as long as I can remember.
I can understand the pain that I would be in if he left me! However, if either of us were to seek treatment privately they would have advised us to cut off any relationship for the 1st year of treatment. If he's serious about getting better he has to leave all relationships in the wind ... especially any emotional or co-dependent ones.
I have learned I do not NEED my husband to survive. I can move on with my life without him. It's my CHOICE. Either way, I will be okay .. and survive no matter what happens. No matter if he dies from an OD, I get divorced or he ends up in jail forever. Whatever happens... I will be okay. I'm staying in my own lane!!