Thread: Slipped BAD.
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
onthebrink

AO, as always, so insightful. I want to give you a big hug!! Seriously. I wish some of you were closer to me physically. While I love the security of being anonymous on the Internet, YOU are the people I need in my day to day life. A support group. AA meetings are just read from the big book. They don't let people share what HELPED them reach that point. I'm an avid reader, but I don't want to sit there for an hour and listen to someone else read. I want real advice. Tips for coping. Shared experiences. Communication. Every AA meeting I've been to is so one sided. Read from the book. State your story. Don't ask questions or talk to the person about their story. It doesn't work for me. I want communication. Back and forth feedback. Does that make sense? Am I the only one who feels this way about meetings? Maybe I'm going to the wrong meetings? Maybe I'm delusional and do need to just shut up and listen. I don't know anymore. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's them. Maybe it's AA as a whole. I know I don't want to drink. I know I've tried AA in two different towns. I know I never felt like I fit in, but I also know I never wanted to drink after I left. My brain is clearly foggy this morning too. Sorry for rambling.

Last edited by onthebrink; 11-02-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Ipad stupid typos