Old 11-02-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MattM316
Matt M

I've actually got to go to my head office on Monday afternoon for a disciplinary meeting with HR.
I went back to work last Tuesday after being signed off for two weeks due to alcohol/possible seizures.

I've spoken to my boss several times already and she said I won't be sacked, but you never know.
I've worked at the company for 14 years and if I was sacked or left, they would have to shut down the entire regional office as it would leave just one full time member of staff, the other four are all part time.
So basically, five other people lose their jobs if I go.
So thinking logically, it puts me in a fairly 'good' position, but as I said you never know.

When I was off I was stressing to the point of being sick about it, but then I just thought 'what is the worst thing that can happen?'.
I get sacked.
Is that the end of the world? Hell no.
My main focus is to just get myself healthy, kick alcohol out of my life for good (i'm on day 20 now) and rebuild.
I'm determined not to lose sleep over it, what's done is done, it can't be changed, so you just have to focus on the future. If that future involves looking for another job, then so be it.