Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Sounds like you could use a hug. That was really rotten the way everything went down. I'm sorry to hear it, and it sounds like the experience really hurt you. Just reading your posts, it made me feel a bit of that pain too.

A lot of us have lost jobs directly or indirectly to alcohol or drug abuse. In some cases it's fair, in other cases it's not. I actually quit my job before I lost it, but it was in the mail. It was humiliating the way I left, I basically slunk out and just stopped going into the office while I drank away all the bad feelings. I felt so underappreciated, much like others here who helped a company grow from the ground up...only to leave in shame after a few bad decisions and changes in management, etc.

It's okay to grieve for this loss. But it might not be particularly productive to try and start looking into your legal rights. Alcoholics have to learn to let go of the past and embrace the present - look at where you are now, not where you were yesterday. Take a sober weekend, stick close to safe zones and enjoy some simple things. Rest. Breathe. Cry if you need to.

Maybe this week you can start looking up other opportunities, and start enjoying the process of finding out where you might end up next. Good luck with everything, it will be okay, just try and stay positive and remember that you can do this - many of us have! All the best.