Thread: The friends...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jalacola

The friends...

Okay, long story short...Ah has a friend that he has been "best" friends with for over 10 year. He drinks often and is married to a raging alcoholic woman. They have always been very oppositional to me, saying that it was unreasonable that I ask him to choose the alcohol or the kids and me. She would say that if he wants to relax and drink, then that is his perrogative as an adult and that she would never give up drinking (her 2+ bottles of wine a night) for ANYONE no matter what. Well, last summer, they agreed that AH did in fact have a problem. They were very supportive of him going into treatment. But in the following months, never called to see how I was doing or anything. AH's first drunk night after rehab was with them. Real supportive, huh? Anyway, I kicked him out last week and he has been staying with them. Here's my problem. I have NEVER done anything to these people. I have helped them when needed in their rotten marriage, and would have done anything to help when needed. She told my AH that she has never liked me and that she has been keeping a journal over the past few years of mean things I have said about AH. WHAT?? I have never said anything to her. But my main problem lies in the fact that I have been a wonderful wife and mother and have supported and believed in my husband when no one else did. Even AH said that none of this is my fault. For her to negate that really pisses me off. I know that she would love nothing more than to watch our marriage be flushed b/c she doesn't like me, not to mention the fact that admitting my husband has a problem might mean she would have to put a magnifying glass to herself. But it really hurts. And it really hurts that they can't just say, "I'm so sorry you are going through this. We are here for you." to him like my friends say to me. Regardless of what my friends think about my AH, they know that it is neither the time nor their place to say negative things about him. We are both really hurting right now. Anyway, I am sorry if you can't follow this...Just need to get this off my chest.